The risk management landscape is changing fast. It is important for business owners and managers to understand how these trends will impact their commercial insurance programs. Technology, consumer trends, litigation, and regulations all have increased risk.
- The Changing workplace environment. Employers are having to manage a change in workplace demographics. The baby boomers are retiring and employers will need to figure out how to attract the next generation of workers.
- Cyber Risk. Every Florida business will need to consider cyber insurance. Most businesses have a greater risk of having a cyber-attack than they do of having a fire. Cyber security was big news last year. Hardly a week went by without a report of a data breach in some industry. In fact, the Identity Theft Resource Center reported a record high of 1,233 data breaches in 2015, which is a 39 percent increase from 2015’s numbers.
- Employment Laws. Whenever there is political change you can count on new and/or updated employment laws. Employers will need to keep up to date on how these laws will impact their businesses. Every employer should consider Employment Practices Liability Insurance.
- Connections with Customers. As we continue to increase our reliance on technology, businesses must find the best ways to stay connected with clients. Customers want real time information about the products and services you provide. The road to being connected begins with understanding that consumers want to use technology in their healthcare decisions. They want to be able to email their partners and access services and information through telecommunication devices.
- Workers’ Compensation. All states will continue to address legislative measures that could have an impact on employers including; drug usage, independent medical exams, medical marijuana, and the misclassification of employees and contractors.
Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you. As an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.