A Personal Insurance and Safety update
Summertime means more of us are heading to the pool, lake, ocean, or river to relax and have fun. Unfortunately, these activities can lead to accidents and injury. Summer also brings increases in heat related illness and teen driving accidents, according to PC260.com.
It is also important to have a personal insurance review to make sure all your summer activities are covered. For example, if you have purchased a boat, you may need a separate watercraft policy. In addition, if you have installed a pool you will need to add that risk to your homeowner’s policy. We want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer, so here are some reminders about summertime safety.
Some of the Top Summer Risks
- River water can be very cold, especially as the early snowmelt flows downriver. Even if it is 100 degrees outside, the river water temperatures can be very cold.
- If you are planning foreign travel, remember to check travel advisories. Also, be sure you have all your medical issues managed correctly. Check with your health insurer, as many will not provide coverage in foreign countries.
- Don’t forget your pets. Summer heat can affect your pets, so make sure they are not left in vehicles or in homes during long heat waves.
- When you are on the water, do not mix drinking and water craft driving. Verify that you have life vests for everyone and keep life vests on all children all the time.
- Heat stress is one of the most common illnesses during summertime. The risk of getting skin cancer is much higher among people who sunbathe, and especially those who have experienced multiple sunburns.
- Barbecues and fire related risks increase during the summer. Always keep children away for open fires, and keep barbecues away from buildings.
- When riding your bike we recommend you always use a helmet.
- Do you know if your pool cage or supports are covered?
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.