Many homeowners are starting to clean up after our recent storms. There is an aftermath including tree removal, roof repair and general yard clean up. Remember your homeowner’s insurance may provide some coverage so it pays to call our office for a review. If you wait to ling to report a claim it may be denied.
Home Clean up tips
- Check for mold. If you had water damage, there might be a mold issue. Check attics for mold.
- See The CDC, Mold After a Disaster, CDC Flood Web site, and Homeowner’s and Renter’s Guide to Mold Cleanup After Disasters
- Replace drywall and insulation that has been contaminated with flood waters
- Check your gutter and roof for damage.
- Clean up damaged trees. This may mean trimming branches that could create a liability issue.
- Fix any window damage including broken glass.
- Fit any damage to siding.
- It may be necessary to hire a professional to help you with major repairs.
As an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.