Florida Home Safety
As you head out this summer for that Griswold family vacation, take a few moments to protect your home so it will be there upon your return. While homeowner’s insurance covers many types of losses, the following facts and safety tips might just help prevent a loss from happening.
Home Burglary facts (Source FBI, Harris Interactive Polls)
- 23% of burglars get in through the back door.
- Homes with security systems have a 30% less chance of being targets.
- A majority of convicted burglars say they avoid homes with alarm systems.
- 20% of homeowners say they leave their doors unlocked.
- Burglars will use social media to select targets.
- The average cost to replace stolen items is $4,200.
- Almost 50% of homeowners do not have a home inventory.
- A home is broken into once every 15 seconds.
Home Insurance Vacation Safety Tips
- Stop the paper and garbage.
- Keep valuables in a locked safe.
- Lock up all guns.
- Turn off water to the house to prevent damage while you are away.
- Tell neighbors about your trip. Have them watch for deliveries.
- Don’t take all your credits cards on vacation, only take the ones you may need.
- Use automatic lights to give the appearance of someone being at home.
- Pay all your bills so that key utilities don’t get turned off.
- Inform your credit card companies where you plan on traveling. This information will alert them to any fraud.
- Mow the lawn before you go to make it look like you are at home.
- Give you itinerary to a family member.
- Don’t post vacation pictures on social media sites until your return home.
- Have us complete a free home insurance review before you go.
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
As an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.