We are moving into storm season and we wanted to remind you about contractor scam.
Prevent Contractor Scams
- Make sure all contractors are licensed and insured.
- Check with your insurer to see if the contractor has provided work for them in the past.
- Never pay in cash.
- Always ask for a quote in writing.
- If you must, only pay a small amount up front, but also use a credit card so you can challenge payment if needed.
- Get referrals and check references.
- Never sign a blank agreement.
- Make sure the contractor is licensed in Texas.
Some people have already received fraudulent computer calls saying their home insurance has been canceled and they need to make an immediate payment by credit card. Also, be aware of people who say they are adjusters representing your insurance company and you need to pay your deductible now in order to have your claims covered. Call our office if you have any questions regarding your claims.
Many scammers are out asking you to donate money to their charity. Make sure you donate to legitimate organizations. Donate money to charities you know, such as The Red Cross or your local church.
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.