A “high-risk” driver is generally defined by the auto insurance companies as someone who has a higher risk of having an auto accident. Auto insurance companies often see high-risk drivers as undesirable, as they may end up costing a great deal in claims.
Why you may be defined as a high risk driver?
- You have multiple accidents or tickets during a specific period of time.
- You have a DUI.
- You have a serious violation.
- Any accident that results in a fatality.
- Driving without a license.
- Driving without insurance.
- You drive an exotic car.
- For whatever reason, your auto insurance has lapsed.
How to get auto insurance if you are considered high risk
- You may need non-standard insurance.
- SR-22 insurance for specific situations.
- Allow your agent to shop auto insurance for you.
- Determine what auto insurance discounts you may be eligible for.
- Improve your driving skills.
- Consider a lower risk car.
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.