Every business must have COVID-19 safety procedures in place in 2021. Helping your employees return to work safely and confidently during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is no easy task.
Employers must ensure social distancing for employees and customers, frequent and adequate employee hand-washing, and that sick employees stay home. Employers must also provide basic workplace hazard education about coronavirus and how to prevent transmission in languages best understood by employees. Your workers’ compensation insurer can offer tools and advice in this area.
Here are tips for your business to consider
- Making sure your facility is fully clean, disinfected, and equipped with a blueprint for maintaining safe conditions.
- Setting up a support system in place for employees as they return to work and adjust to new realities and emotional challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Creating a plan for a safe work environment that protects employees and customers alike from risks connected to COVID-19, including exposure and transmission.
- Prepare business continuity plans for significant absenteeism, supply chain disruptions, or changes in the way you need to conduct business.
- Establish an emergency communications plan. Identify key contacts (with back-ups), the chain of communications (including suppliers and customers), and processes for tracking and communicating about business and employee status.
- Share your response plans with employees and clearly communicate expectations. It is important to let employees know plans and expectations if COVID-19 occurs in communities where you have a workplace.
Find out how your business can be protected by calling us today for a free business insurance review. Our philosophy is to help you identify and control both your insurance dollars and potential claims.
By having an office in North and South Charlotte County, we can provide convenient and timely service to our clients. We would appreciate having the opportunity to serve as your insurance Agent for your personal and/or business needs.
Amberg Insurance has been voted BEST INSURANCE AGENCY and BEST AGENT by the residents of Charlotte County and Harbor’s Hottest Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.
Sources: Cleveland Clinic, CDC, & OSHA