This has been a flu-filled year, and it is important to take precautions to insure that the flu does not come back into your family and home. This year over 200,000 people were hospitalized because of the flu. Each year on average, over 3,000 people die because of the flu. In addition, those of us who get the flu, end up missing at least four days of work. Most viruses are spread through the air and hard surfaces. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. Some people also may have vomiting and diarrhea. People may be infected with the flu, and have respiratory symptoms without a fever (source CDC). We hope to offer a few tips to help reduce the likelihood of having the flu re-appear.
- Make sure everyone in your home is vaccinated.
- If you get sick again, stay home for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching hard surfaces in public places.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands frequently—especially after you have been in public.
Home cleaning tips
- Wash sheets and clothes in hot water. Use the steam or sanitize setting on your washing machine if you have one.
- Spray disinfectant in the bathroom and even on your bed.
- Clean TV remotes and other commonly used items.
- Clean wastebaskets.
- Clean surfaces with disinfectant regularly.
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
As an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.