Now that 2017 is here, it may be time to consider reviewing your personal insurance program. Most people don’t take time to review exposures, options, or their current economic condition before making their insurance purchase. We want to help you, so we prepared these insurance buying tips for 2017.
- Don’t buy insurance through the internet – Call our agency and let us provide outstanding service along with competitive pricing.
- Maintain good credit – Regularly check your credit score, since a low score may impact your premium.
- Review your auto limits – If you have limits of less than $100,000, that won’t even cover the medical bills in a serious accident. The minimum liability coverage that anyone with any assets or income to protect should be carrying is $500,000 to $1 million or more.
- Maintain a home inventory – Having an accurate account of your personal property can provide for greater recovery in the event of a loss.
- Bundle your insurance – Combine your auto, home and umbrella policies with one Agency to receive better and easier service. Someone who knows “you”.
- Set the right deductible – A higher deductible reduces your premium, but you have to pay more out of pocket in the event of an accident. If you have a good driving record and haven’t had an accident, you may want to gamble and opt for a higher premium. The reward for this risk could be up to a 40% savings.
- Consider Identity Theft – Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the U.S.
- Buy from a financially strong company – Your insurance is only as good as the company who stands behind the policy.
- Be prepared to make adjustments as your lifestyle and needs change.
Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you. As an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.
happy family smiling in a portrait of a mum and dad with their two kids
We often get asked the question; “is it better to buy my company provided life insurance or buy life insurance on my own?” As with most things insurance-related, there are big variations in life insurance coverage and price. We recommend you consider looking at an individual plan first. Let’s look at some of the differences between group life insurance plans and individual plans.
- Group plans tend to have higher premiums and can’t be tailored to your needs
- Group plans have a limited amount of coverage you may buy and choice of insurers is limited
- Group insurance is not portable, you can’t take it with you if you change jobs
- You have the option of higher limits
- The policy is portable and can be adjusted as your life needs change
- You can shop around to get the best deal
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees
Use An Agent To Shop For You – We will Shop, Compare, and Bargain. Once you have decided on the type of coverage you need, don’t just sign up for the first plan that crosses your path. Let us review the options and terms so you make an educated decision. This will help you to get the greatest coverage at the lowest possible price.
Opt for Term Life Insurance – The quickest way to lower your life insurance premium is to opt for a Term Life Insurance policy instead of a whole-life policy. The idea is to keep insurance as what it is, and not turn it into an investment product. Thus, you can get yourself insured under a Term Life policy at a fraction of the cost of a whole-life scheme with typically the same coverage amount. However, do not forget that Term Life Insurance covers you only for a pre-defined period of time.
Keep yourself Fit – Be a low risk proposition for your insurance provider by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and keeping yourself free from addictions such as smoking, drugs, and alcohol. A good health record will result in considerable reduction in your life insurance premiums.
Consult an Independent Insurance Agent – To reduce your life insurance premium, the easiest thing you can do is to consult a good Insurance agent. Since the agent will be a pro in the insurance marketplace, he/she would be able to get you to the most affordable deal in line with your coverage requirements. A good independent insurance agent will compare different market rates for you and will also negotiate the best rates on your behalf.
Start at a young age – Insure yourself at a young age. Life insurance premiums at a young age are only a fraction of what they will be when you are well into your middle-age. The premise is young and healthy people are the lowest risk segment. The low mortality risk is a great incentive for insurance companies to insure you at lower premiums
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
Next month we will cover Universal Life