The Centers for Disease Control recently stated that the Coronavirus will have an impact in the United States. Currently, the death toll from the Coronavirus is over 2,700 worldwide.
People who contracted the virus have reported symptoms that include fever, chills, headaches, difficulty breathing, and a sore throat. Now is a good time to start thinking about how you might protect yourself and your family from contracting this virus.
The World Health Organization and the CDC recommend that you take the usual precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Clean surfaces you often touch.
- Stay home from work, school, and public areas if you are sick.
- Check with your doctor if you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, and tell your doctor about any recent travels.
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat or animal organs.
- If you are visiting live markets in areas that have recently had new coronavirus cases, avoid contact with live animals and surfaces they may have touched.
If you do get sick while traveling, it is important to know the signs of coronavirus and seek immediate medical attention if you believe you have contracted the virus.
Symptoms might include fever, cough and shortness of breath. It is important to note, however, that the coronavirus symptoms are common to a number of viruses.
As an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.