Most, if not all, homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover floods, but if you live in certain areas, your mortgage company may require flood insurance. You do not have to live close to a river to be exposed to a possible flood. If you do live in a special flood risk area, you need to have flood insurance; especially if you need help from the federal government.
Flood Insurance Facts
- Floods are the most common natural disaster.
- 30% of floods occur in moderate risk areas.
- If you live in a flood community, you have a greater chance of having a flood than you do of having a fire.
Federal Flood Insurance
The law requires coverage in an amount equal to the outstanding principal balance of the loan, the value of your home, or the maximum limit of coverage under the program whichever is less.
The only way to purchase flood insurance is through the federal government, (FEMA).
Flood Insurance Myths
- “We have had a flood, so I cannot get coverage.” It does not matter how many times your home has been flooded; you are still eligible for coverage if your community participates inthe National Flood Insurance Program.
- “I do not live near water so I do not need the coverage.” Flood waters can travel hundreds of miles. Check with our office for information on how we can help you determine your risk.
- “I live in a flood zone, so I cannot get coverage.” You can get federal flood insurance no matter where you live, if your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program.
- “Flood insurance is only for homeowners.” Flood insurance is available for renters, condominium owners, businesses, and manufactured homes.
Amberg Insurance Center, Inc. was established in 1974 to serve the growing insurance needs of the many businesses and individuals located in the Charlotte and surrounding counties. We take pride in the quality service provided to our customers, our community concern, and our commitment to the overall development of our employees.
Amberg Insurance has been voted First Place for Best Insurance Agency and Best Agent by the Charlotte Sun Newspaper and First Place for ‘Harbor’s Hottest’ Insurance Agency by Harbor Style Magazine.
Please Call our office for more information.